The Classic Keurig brewers are one of the most popular brewers on the market. However, like every other brewer, sometimes, they can have some problems. However, most of them are easy to solve.
When you tend to use your Classic Keurig brewer on a daily basis, it is perfectly natural that it can develop leaks and clogs. And this may prevent your Classic Keurig brewer from working.
So, here are the main Classic Keurig brewers problems and how you can easily fix them:
#1: When the Classic Keurig brewer brews a partial cup, you get grounds in the cup or it doesn’t brew at all:
When you are having these problems with your Classic Keurig brewer, the most common solution tends to be cleaning and descaling. Make sure that you don’t forget to clean the exit needles as well.
#2: When the Classic Keurig brewer doesn’t brew:
When this happens, you have two different options. Just take a look at your Classic Keurig brewer and see if it is asking for descaling. If it is, just proceed with it since it may be the solution to your problem. In case the Classic Keurig brewer doesn’t give you any message about descaling, and it isn’t pumping water, here’s what you should try to do:
- Unplug it and then plug it back in.
- Lift the water tank and then put it again in its place.
- Make sure that there is enough water in the reservoir.
- If t still doesn’t brew, try to clean the reservoir. Just use a non-abrasive cloth and mild soap and rinse thoroughly. Don’t forget to clean the valve or hose at the bottom of the tank. Sometimes, this valve can clog and it may be the reason why your Classic Keurig brewer isn’t brewing.
- You should also clean the top and bottom of the exit needle. Just use a paper clip.
- Take off the tank and turn the machine upside down. Then tap the bottom a couple of times.
#3: When the Classic Keurig brewer keeps turning off and shutting off without any reason:
In this case, you should make sure that you take a closer look at the on/off button and see if the timer isn’t set.
In case the Classic Keurig brewer is turning off in the middle of the brew, you should contact the Keurig customer support.
#4: When the Classic Keurig brewer has a water issue:
The first thing that you need to check is the water reservoir. Make sure that it has enough water and that it is placed properly.
In case you continue having water issues, then you need to clean the water reservoir just as we mentioned above.
#5: When the Classic Keurig brewer doesn’t stop pumping the water:
In case you notice that your Classic Keurig brewer keeps pumping water since the moment you turn it on until you turn it off, there is a simple fix. All you need to do is to unplug the machine and remove the water reservoir. Then, just turn it upside down and shake slightly. You can also tap the bottom a couple of times.